Expert Tips on Pricing Your East Mesa Home for Sale! Expert Tips on Pricing Your East Mesa Home for Sale! Here are some tips from realty experts about how to best price your home for…
Expert Tips to Planning a Flawless East Mesa Move
Moving is rarely fun. Even less in Mesa, AZ where the heat can make a move downright miserable. But by planning your move in advance and by utilizing the right resources, your East Mesa move can become that type of experience that you look back upon and say: “Well, that wasn’t so bad!”
Here are some great tips on how to plan a flawless move:
Research the Area You Are Moving to:
To ensure that you will feel home in your new neighborhood, make sure to learn as much as possible about it. Check out the local school system and how they compare to other areas, read up on crime rates, local developments such as zoning and building plans and more.
List Your Home:
If you own a home and need to sell it due to moving to another area, it is important that you list your home approximately four to five months prior to moving. Working with an experienced Mesa realtor will ensure that your home gets the exposure needed for a fairly quick sale and without losing any money. Thinking about selling the home on your own? This rarely works, and incidentally less than 10% of homes sell because a potential buyer drove past and spotted the “For Sale” sign in the yard. A professional and experienced real estate agent can make sure that your house is properly appraised, promoted and will sell at or above current market value. Home sellers often ask too much for their home, because of the special sentimental value it holds for them. A realtor is objective and can be a tremendous asset.
Take stock of everything you own. Which items do you absolutely need and can’t live without? Which items can you do without or are replaceable? Rather than moving everything you own, have a yard sale to make some extra cash and sell items you haven’t used in a year or so. Other items to sell are clothes the kids have outgrown, duplicate items, and items you know you will never use anyhow and have kept just in case.
Moving makes the perfect time to get rid of things you don’t need and make some extra pocket change in the process. Plus, by inventorying your household, you will have collected great information for homeowners or renter’s insurance purposes.
Pack It Up:
Several weeks in advance, is a great time to start packing up non-essential items such as books, out of season clothing, holiday decoration and similar items. Make sure you label everything so you won’t have to dig through a sea of boxes while looking for a certain item.
Choose a Moving Company:
Moving on your own and without a professional Mesa moving company to help you is the number one reason, people end up hating moving. Having to pack and wrap everything on your own and then load your entire household onto the moving truck in the Mesa heat, does not make for a fun experience. Hiring a professional Mesa moving company such as A to Z Valley Wide Movers can truly take the heat out of your move.
By working with a trusted local mover, you can rest assured that all your items will arrive at their new destination unharmed. All you have to do is open the door. A moving company such as A to Z Valley Wide Movers will even wrap, pack and unpack all your items as well. Moving can’t get much easier than that.
Transfer Services and Obtain Necessary Records:
Regardless if you are moving across Mesa or across the country, some services will move with you, while others need to be transferred or canceled:
- Utilities, Power Company, Phone and Cable: Notify your utility and power company as well as phone, cable and other companies at your current home and the place you are moving to of your upcoming move to ensure that services are properly disconnected and instated when you need them.
- Schools: If you have kids, tell the current school about your move and get the transcripts and records needed to enroll at a new school near your new home.
- Medical Records: While it is always a good idea to have a set of your medical records in case of emergency, when you are moving farther away and will need a new health care provider it is essential to have access to your medical records. Maybe your current provider can give you a paper copy or tell you about the process of transferring the information to a new primary care provider.
- Insurance: If you are moving away from Mesa, chances are your insurance won’t move with you. Research insurance options for your new place of residence and make arrangements to transfer insurance coverage for your health, car, home etc.
- Change Address: Fill out a change of address form on the USPS website and notify your bank, credit card company and others who will need your new mailing information in order to provide continuous services.
Final Steps aka Prepare for Moving Day:
- While your East Mesa Movers have probably taken care of wrapping, packing and loading your personal belongings, you will still have enough left to take care of. Make sure you have all important documents at hand. These may include but aren’t limited to medical records, moving contact and bill of lading, insurance papers, bank records and utility statement if needed for the new home, etc.
- You may also want to pack lunch and snacks if you are moving farther away and arrange for overnight accommodations if necessary. If you have children and/or pets, make sure that the arrangement is suitable for them.
- Give your old home a final tidying up and sweep through. Not only will the new residents be happy that they are not moving into a complete mess, but it is a great opportunity for you to ensure that you didn’t forget or leave anything behind.
Relax and move!
- A well-planned move makes the process so much easier. Working with an experienced East Mesa realtor and a professional moving company can make all the difference.